Sunday, November 15, 2009

It takes all kinds

It was a dark and stormy night...
No thiis is not the begining of some cheap story this is acual events that happened during the Northeastern Ida when it hit Norfolk and some of its aftermath. Some stores like Wal-Mart, Target and other big name stores acually remained open. Who did they think was going to brave 45 to 60 mph wind gusts pouring rain so hard bodies of water in our area was 3 to 5 feet above normal. I can just picture that conversation (Pa I'm just going down to Wal Mart. They have a sale on Guitar Hero video games."
Then of course there are places like Target that looks like they lost a door because of the storm that stayed open. I'm sorry but when a door as big as the ones they have on target is ripped off the building that's like somebody of a high power saying "Close the store you idiot! "
Of course there were some closings which did not really need be said like William and Mary's perforrmance of Little Shop of Horrors has been cancelled for this evening. Would that be because of the NorthEastern Ida? I mean come on. I can just see the conversation at the box office where they take tickets " What do you mean tonights show has been cancelled!? I want my money baaaaaaaaaaaaaack" the person says while Ida blows him a block away.

No comments:

Post a Comment